Friday, March 4, 2011

Leaving a legacy

Legacy (noun): a gift of property, especially personal property, as money, by will; a bequest.

I'm sure everyone has heard of a legacy. Well I'm not talking about the legacy with the definition above. I'm talking about a legacy that God wants you to leave.

What kind of legacy would you want to leave? How would you want people to remember you? Would you want people to remember you by how good you played a sport? Or how you dressed? Or how about how you treated an individual?

I want people to remember me by how I loved kids and showed my love to others through Christ. It isn't easy to show love all the time but God says, "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

God wants everyone to show love to everyone we come in contact with. Even if it is our enemy. Matthew 5:44 says "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

So leave a legacy that God wants you to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment